lichess.org
Donate

being banned for letting time expire

I'm not sure what the algorithm is for determining that a player has "let the time expire"...but if it is determined in part by considering that the player has not made a move in some n seconds .. where n is a significant portion of the total game time .. this might not make sense in bullet contexts. I received a "warning" when I let my clock go from 3 seconds to zero in a bullet game. I wasn't abusing anybody, i was struggling to find a move .. and it took more effort to let the clock count 3 seconds.
*took less effort to let the clock count 3 seconds
Meh, I agree maybe in bullet it isn't necessary. The warnings are a new feature so will probably need tweaking a little.

It's sad that these warnings are even necessary tbh but I have noticed an increase in the amount of rude behaviour recently. I read in Discord that Lichess grew 25% in the last few months. My theory is that a lot of these new players are used to playing anon where abandoning games is common.
Yep just made a post about this elsewhere.

Glad to see I'm not nuts; and its a new feature.

If you're talking about this game, you must have been thinking for 12 seconds before letting your clock run down the last 3.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.