lichess.org
Donate

Antichess ratings declining

there are daily 3 + 0, weekly 3 + 0, monthly 3 + 0 which would be better 5 + 0
I think there are two weakly-correlated topics discussed here. Time control may affect the absolute value of the rating, but this is only one of many factors. As long as the relative rating at a particular point in time works, I wouldn't worry about rating deflation at all.
As for time control, this issue has been raised many times:
lichess.org/forum/lichess-feedback/increment-for-antichess-arenas
lichess.org/forum/general-chess-discussion/antichess-new-proposals?page=8#71
lichess.org/forum/lichess-feedback/hourly-antichess-arena-2

The problem of uniformity of time controls in all regular antichess tournaments, I think, is obvious to everyone in the antichess community. Some people like fast time controls, others like long time controls. I know a few good players who don't play on Lichess anymore because it has become de facto impossible to take part in tournaments with long time control (3+2, 4+0, 5+0, etc.) here. Back when custom tournaments were still displayed on the tournaments page, the most popular were the ½+2 and 4+0 time controls. Newbies preferred 4+0, so those tournaments were always attended by 60-70 players.

As I think, the maximum diversification of time controls (from 0+1 up to 3+2 and 5+0) would be ideal. We could arrange votes for each slot. But the wishes of one side are not enough. To solve this problem, both parties should be interested in changes.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.