lichess.org
Donate

Internet Chess Client for Lichess.org

Support of existing clients would require implementing the Telnet protocol and things like timeseal/timestamp for a lag compensation. I'd bet it's not gonna happen.

Welcome to wanderful world of Web X.0 with its ECMAScript runtimes and frameworks, and in-browser only applications! It's not that it's been started today... Thankfully, Lichess is definitely the best of such kind of applications that I've happened to see so far.
I d go for the opposite personnaly, be able to play on lichess against people from icc or fics from lichess. I think that would be great and provide more games / peoples. Don't know if it would be against the rules though :
In your preference you are able to give lichess your login / password for FICS / ICC. If those fields are set lichess connect to those sites. Might be a lot of work though for a small benefit.
#14 If it's going to happen at all, it won't be official. Thibault has little to no interest in native programming, and besides, it would cause a duplication of effort in remaking all the features already present on lichess.org.

As for #15, that's pretty much impossible, all three chess servers would have to be rewritten to federate. You could do OpenID or OAuth, sure, but that means little more than linking to your account. What you would actually seek from something like that is federation and having your games in a shared library. Which is pretty much impossible not only due to the titanic technical effort (which makes this fully infeasible in the first place), but also political issues, especially when it comes to a commercial server like ICC.
If lichess ever has a chess client please make it light weight. Also I don't mind if Lichess uses babaschess client. Its a very good client.
If you want to play chess on a lightweight client, why not play on FICS?

Regardless, your next computer will run Lichess perfectly :-)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.